Thursday, May 6, 2010

Planning


Some quick thoughts for today. I mentioned earlier that I don't like to journal. Dr. Oz says it's one of the essentials of successful weight loss.
For me it takes a lot of time, and eventually even if I have my little note  pad at the table, I give up.
What works better for me is to plan.

I have 2 or 3 breakfasts( 200 calories) I rely on, and I very rarely change that.

Lunch; I like to have a soup. That works as long as I make sure ahead of time that I have a low calorie soup available. The rest is fairly easy. the soup fills me up so a small salad and maybe a sandwich on low cal bread keeps lunch under 300 calories.

In the afternoon I might have a fruit or yoghurt, something under a hundred calories.

Supper is always the hardest, so I'm working on menus that are quick and easy to prepare.
One is the Chicken and Vegetable Stroganoff posted on Recipes low calorie, and another is John's vegetable stir fry.

For both of these I have to watch the starchy stuff, the spaghetti and the rice.

Desserts, I make some of my Ice Cream. It satisfies my sweet tooth and somehow makes me feel full, and I don't seem to have cravings later on in the evening.
If I've worked it right and have stuck to the plan, I still have calories left for snacks. Popcorn is always a good choice.

Let me know how you're doing and if you have any favourite  tips to help us all along.
Weekend is coming up.  Sometimes it's harder to keep on track on the weekend.

Remember we should all sign in on Monday.  Signing in can be as easy as saying, Yes I'm on track, or I'll give it another try this week. 



Check on the following  Facebook groups for more recipes and more help!
Recipes low calorie
Flabuless Waist Watchers Weight Loss Group

No comments:

Post a Comment